There was a minor fire on Monday morning in one of the departments of the University of Eger, no one was injured, the Heves County Disaster Management spokesman told MTI.
Csaba Nagy said that the fire had started in one of the department’s kitchens for a reason that was not clear yet. No one was injured, and the city’s professional firefighters arrived at the scene with two jets of water to put out the flames in a single room of about 5 square feet.
The building was evacuated even before the intervention of the five-vehicle disaster management units, some thirty people had to leave it temporarily, he added.
He indicated that after the fire, firefighters inspected the scene and then ventilated the property with a high-powered fan.